In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

 I am still moving slower than molasses in January--or February, come to think of it.

There has been a little bit of stitching.

I was getting very tired of all the little boxes on Dear Heart's pockets, so I decided to change projects and work teeny little flowers. I'm taking a refresher class on Gardenesque in March, and what I'd like to have done is as much of the inner fittings of the box as possible before then.

So these are the bands that will create the self-lining pockets for the inside compartment of the Gardenesque basket:

There is a pin pad that is attached to the inner part of one of the lids. It's stitched on the same linen as the pieces for the pin cube that lives inside the compartment, so I figured I'd just get both pin pad and pin cube pieces stitched at the same time:


And that's when I realized I was stitching more little boxes.

**
For those of you have asked about my healthy and recovery, well, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

Basically, I'm frustrated that I haven't bounced back sooner or better. This is my 70th year, and I had plans and goals.
  • I was going to finish at least one WIP or UFO a month. I finished Be Still My Heart in January, prior to surgery. February is only half over, but it's not looking good.
  • I was going to stay current in stitching the motifs for each lesson in both my stumpwork and goldwork online classes. I have the samples for two classes in goldwork and one in stumpwork to do, plus the homework for next week's classes.
  • I was going to stitch and assemble a Christmas ornament every two months so I'd have six new ones for the tree this year. Haven't even started the first one.
  • I was going to work on more challenging projects this year--get back to Harmony, and 17th century band samplers, and silk and metal thread embroidery. At the moment, I'm challenged by threading a needle and counting to four accurately. Not what I had in mind.
  • Blog daily. Ooops!
Maybe I should have a do-over mid-year . . . 


5 comments:

  1. Your boxes are looking good. The rest (and the feeling less sick and tired) will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Ann..sending positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing very well on your stitching.
    Yes some days I get tired but at my age 75 , I do my best.
    Sending Hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life is what happens when you're making other plans!" -- I've lost count of how many times I've said this to myself the past few years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to laugh at your ‘mid-year’ do-over of your plans and goals. You are not alone. I have such great expectations in January each year only to be quickly dashed.

    ReplyDelete