In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, January 30, 2023

Gradually getting back to normal

 I can focus my eyes again!  And I didn't sleep 13 hours yesterday!

Which meant that I was able to work on my online classes--almost caught up--and I did a little more on Amy Mitten's Casket Keepsakes.

The metallic background stitches for the grasshopper are filled in, although working with those threads led to new and creative forms of profanity. In short, I don't enjoy working with them. But they do add sparkle, so I guess it's worth it.

And the caterpillar is started. He is going to have peacock feathers added at some point--I'm looking forward to that, since I've never used peacock feathers before.

However, the rest of today's stitching time will be devoted to working different kinds of padding on the goldwork class.  

Or maybe I'll take a nap. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. It's looking so beautiful , worth all the words ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grasshopper is beautiful --- never thought I'd say a grasshopper was beautiful!! LOL Can't wait to see the peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are able to focus and sleep less, Ann! Your grasshopper piece is looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete