In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Slow and Steady . . .

 I yanked up the Granny panties yesterday and decided I was going to figure out what I can do.

I can do anything for an hour.

So, I am stitching for at least an hour (the hope is when I get started, I can continue). I realized that I have actually stitched at least a little every day so far in February. Granted, we're only on Day 5 of February, but I'm counting that as a win.

I have the little boxes on the second pocket panel for Hold Dear filled in, and the framework for the third panel started:


Another project I would love to jump into is this, which arrived on Friday:


Amy Mitten was posting teasers for this project online for what felt like WEEKS before it was released, and every motif she showed made my heart go pitty-pat. So when it arrived, I was sorely tempted to just toss everything else I need to be doing and stitch this.

I used to read Amy Wilson's Thread in Hand blog, and still miss her writing about her needlework obsession. Amy would have just dived in.

Alas, I just can't bring myself to do that. I started too many things last year, all of which I want to stitch. I have vowed, though, to finish enough of those projects to feel guilt-free so I can start another.

I can be strong.

Right . . . .


4 comments:

  1. Your progress on Hold Dear is looking good, Ann. I, too, miss Amy and her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slowing catching on up past blogs posts. I miss reading Amy Wilson too. Looking forward to seeing more progress on Hold Dear. Robin in NJ

    ReplyDelete