In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, February 27, 2023

Days Three and Four

 I did some more work on the Parham Owl in the last two days of classes with Jenny.

His little body is now covered:

There were discussions as to whether this looked more like a manatee or a goldfish. No decision was reached.

The basis for his chest feathers was accomplished:

Right now, it looks like Showgirl Barbie's outfit, but it actually, truly, really will turn into the owl's chest.

I also have half of his head covered with needlelace, the point of one wing covered, and another feather or two on his face. Considering that I almost never stitch more than six stitches in any class I take while I'm taking it, this is a miracle.

Alas, this class ended today. I have three "free days" in which I'm going to try to catch up with the motifs I need to do for my online classes, then I get to take another class from Jenny.

Happy Days!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your free days in Williamsburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having fun , enjoy every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progress, Ann! Enjoy your free days! And Happy March!

    ReplyDelete