In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Something Else

I'm still stitching little boxes on Dear Heart, and I'm getting the benefits from the whole Zen stitching experience--but I think it's probably a little boring to watch. And there's not much to say about it in a blog post.

However, the brain fog is beginning to lift, so I felt daring enough to work on the samples from my online class on stumpwork.

I have two leaves stitched, and three couronnes made:

The wires and loose threads on the leaves will be cleaned up in the last class of the term. I'm still thinking about the leaf on the left. We were supposed to put bullion knots between the veins in that leaf. I didn't--it's not that I mind working bullions--I just wasn't feeling it. Someone else in class suggested putting bits of purl--and I'm leaning toward that. Now I just have to decide if I would prefer smooth purl or something with a bit of texture.

The couronnes are basically detached circles of buttonhole stitch. They were fun to make-- and quick and easy, too. I have no idea what I would do with them in a future project, although the cover of Issue 115 of Inspirations magazine had a beautiful whitework pouch that used them as both part of the design and as trim around the outside of the bag.

Anyway, today I may tackle some samples for the goldwork class and see how I do with those. I'm really ready to be "normal" again!

6 comments:

  1. So very interesting, Ann. I am learning some new verbage from you---thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the both leaves .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! Glad the brain fog is lifting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so glad to hear that you are starting to feel more like yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥️ May you be better and stronger each day…I just finished Louise Penny’s new book 😳😳😳if you need a ‘cannot put it down’ distraction while you get back in your stitching groove.♥️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I am way out of the time range of your post, it is good to read you are getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete