In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Gather Ye Rosebuds

Well, of course, after I vented and whined yesterday, I was able to stitch.

First I got the samples for one of the goldwork classes stitched:


 The two motifs on the left are from this class, and involve different ways of attaching metal twist wires. That ugly thing on the right is a sample of padding with felt and hard white string.  I'm finding that a lot of goldwork depends on what is underneath--it's that foundation that creates the dimension for the gold threads on the surface.

Actually, it also reminds me of one of my grandmothers and the two sisters who lived with her. Those three ladies wore old-fashioned corsets--with boning and laces-- for any public appearance--and they were laced in tightly! Sunday mornings, when getting ready to go to church, there may have been some inappropriate language used as they were tightened into their corsets. At that point, hugging one of them was little like hugging a tree.

I digress.

After dinner, I was able to stay awake long enough to finish the last little box, and I started filling in the roses and vines for the pin keep that fits into Gardenesque.

I love those little roses--they are so much fun to stitch!

I have hopes to finish this today--we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. So, it sounds like venting helped a bit.....vent away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! Corsets! Can’t imagine. Underwire bras are enough. Sounds like venting helped. We all need to do a bit sometimes.

    ReplyDelete