In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Close to a finish

 I actually have accomplished some assembly. The sewing roll for Be Still My Heart is done!

This is the mini sampler of stitches. I was happy with the sides, but the top and bottom feel a little heavy to me--but I doubt I'll take it all apart to redo it. Once done, it's done! And I have decided that I would prefer to avoid dealing with striped fabric again. It's beautiful, but I could not get my stripes to cooperate.

The other side has openings that can be used for thread storage

I'm not sure I'll use it for that. I think I'll stick with my little floss bags.

Anyway, I just have to assemble the two pin cushions that go on the lid, and there's a mother-of-pearl piece that goes with the set that needs to be put together, and I'll have a second finish for the New Year.

Of course, it hasn't happened yet . . . 

4 comments:

  1. Well done Ann , on a second finish , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Ann! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. A finish is a finish! It's off the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is very cool!!! Love your finish...wold love to see in person...couldn't enlarge to see all those stitches.

    ReplyDelete