In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, January 6, 2023

Done!!!

 I've finished all the motifs for Term 1 of my Deep Dive into Goldwork online class!

I am more than happy about my circle. Basically, I'm ecstatic because I think it actually looks like it's supposed to!!! I'm pretty happy with the leaf, too, although I will say that if I never have to fight with the Rococo gold thread in the very middle again, I will be delighted. That stuff was a right royal pain in the posterior to work. It did not want to play well with the other threads, and I had to get out my awl to make a hole big enough to be able to plunge the ends to the back. I used foul language. A lot of foul language. I had to take a break and walk away.

Needlework should not make you use foul language or walk away.

But sometimes it does.

Anyway, this is the whole sampler of motifs for Term 1:

Today, I think I'll mount the linen and maybe take a stitch or two in Katie's Elizabethan Valentine.

I should dust. And vacuum.

If there's a choice between stitching and dusting, I think stitching will win.

6 comments:

  1. Stitching will always win!!!! You're gold work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And stitching is always the top priority!

      Delete
  2. Your gold work piece looks fantastic, Ann. Stitching always wins always!

    ReplyDelete