In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Not beads

When I sent a photo of this motif to BDE, her immediate response was that it looked like I had beaded something. Me? Bead? Not if I can help it!


 Nope, it's another metal thread that is basically a faceted wire wrapped in a tight coil. It reminds me of a slinky because it boings all over the place.

That yellow thing to the left that looks a little like a slug is string padding, which, if all goes well today, will be covered with smooth purl. Smooth purl is also a wire coil. It is very temperamental and will crack or damage itself it you look at it cross-eyed.

I am more than a little intimidated.

And, I am losing my voice. And still sneezing and snorting and coughing and wheezing. I do hope this is not the way the entire year is going to progress. As usual, I would like a little cheese with this whine. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you still have your sense of humor while feeling sickly....hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a slug to ha,
    After I had covid in 2019 before the jabs ,
    I have never got my normal voice back, sounds like I have a cold all the time , some days better than others .
    I hate it when the phone rings early in the morning .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your slug looks adorable, Ann! The part on the right does look like bead work. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete