In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Green Stuff

 I have a black thumb. Give me a houseplant, and it will take one look at me and shrivel up and die. Within minutes. And I love plants and flowers . . . 

So I have to stitch the green stuff.

After getting Be Still finished, I added some green to two ongoing projects:

I've started the grassy mound under the grasshopper, and leafed out the second curlicue on Hold Dear (which I still keep calling Dear Heart in my head).

I am supposed to be mounting things on frames and scrolls today, but I think I may continue planting the only green I can successfully plant.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you there, Ann! The only thing I say I was able to plant and not die is my bottle tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you make me laugh Ann , now I do have green fingers , plants are my next love to sewing .
    The only difference are they are living .
    So yes we have to treat them with care ,that does not happen sometimes with my stitching if I go wrong ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your green pieces are looking good. I will join you in the black thumb corner!

    ReplyDelete