In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sunflowers?

At least that's what this one looks like to me.


And how it came to be stitched is a story in itself.

When I got ready to leave work for home yesterday afternoon, I was caught in a cloudburst.  I would like to emphasize that an umbrella is insufficient protection when the skies are dumping gallon buckets of water and the wind is blowing those gallons sideways.  I was soaked to the skin. As I am a large and lovely woman, that was a lot of skin to be soaked.

To add to the general discomfort, I'd been fighting a headache all afternoon. Not one of those blistering OMG-my-eyelashes-even-hurt headaches, but one of those ker-chunka, ker-chunka annoying throbbing headaches.

I arrived home, dripping and head-pounding.  Dearly Beloved was just starting to pull dinner together since I had an ANG meeting scheduled and he was handling kitchen duties.  He suggested that I take a couple of aspirin and a quick shower, since I was going to have to change clothes anyway, then lie down for a few minutes to see if the headache would get better. I'd still have time to grab a bite to eat, throw on jeans and a tee, and get to the meeting.

Sounded like a plan to me, so I dosed, showered, and stretched out.

The next thing I knew it was very quiet and dark and the clock was reading 3:04 a.m.

3:04 a.m.

Apparently I had gone to sleep and was so soundly asleep when Dearly Beloved came up to tell me dinner was ready that he decided to let me sleep.  He fixed a plate for me and stowed it in the frig.

Now I was wide awake at 3 in the morning.  And hungry.

So I got up, came downstairs, and ate my dinner.  I was still wide awake. I guess after almost nine hours of sleep, I should be.

And Ann Scutt was just sitting by my chair, so I picked her up, threaded up a needle, and started.

Apparently I can turbo-stitch from about 3:30 to 7 in the morning.

I do not plan to make this a regular practice.

3 comments:

  1. You must have needed that power sleep. I hope that you are feeling better.
    Great progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was some remedy! Turbo stitching in the wee hours huh, I may have to give that a try!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turbo stitching in the wee hours is the best therapy AND the most productive. I've solved many a problem at that hour and still got my projects way ahead!!! You go Girl! Looking forward to seeing you in Williamsburg.

    ReplyDelete