In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hitting the Wall

Last night I plopped myself down in the wing chair and picked up the scroll frame holding Ann Scutt.

And

BAM

I hit the wall.

I. Could. Not. Stitch.

I could not make myself thread the needle. I couldn't even make myself pick up the needle!

Runners will tell you that you should just power through the wall and keep on trucking. The wall can be knocked down, overcome, risen above and you'll get your second wind.

(This may be why I'm not a runner.)

I think I've been so intent on getting this sampler finished that I've burned out. So, last night, instead of stitching, I played in the stash and cruised through several blogs and checked several shop sites to see what's new.

Ironically, I can't stitch tonight. I made my annual trek to the eye doctor today to make sure my cyborg eyes are still functioning as they should, and my eyes are so dilated that I can't stand the amount of light needed to stitch. So I'm just going to sit in my corner and . . . do nothing, I guess . . .

3 comments:

  1. Even the best of us need to have time to recharge our stitching batteries. Looks like you're do--and well-earned. You've done some marvelous stitching and deserve a little down-time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little break and regrouping is just the thing. I know that you will knock out the rest of this sampler soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I alternate between reading and stitching. I love to read. Besides, it is not a race to finish all the time. THAT is what burns me out.

    ReplyDelete