In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Enough carnations already!


The carnation band is completed and I'm glad . . .I got reeeeeeeeeeeeeally tired of stitching carnations, which were also called "pinkes" but since there is nothing pink on this sampler, I'll stick with carnations.

In Ancient Times (otherwise known as my youth), I was in a lot of weddings. In the Olden Days, weddings were not usually quite the extravaganzas that they have become unless you were high society, royalty, or a celebrity. The men in the wedding party almost always had carnations as boutonnieres, rather than something that coordinated with the bride's bouquet. To this day, when the scent of a carnation wafts by, or when I'm stitching them on a sampler, I flashback to (usually) uncomfortable shoes and (only a couple of times) memorably ugly bridesmaids' dresses.

Now I had planned to do some finishing every week-end, but I am so close to finishing Ann, I'm going to continue working on her. With any luck, there is a finish in my near future!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Another great finish coming up. You are getting so much finished!

    ReplyDelete