In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Another one bites the dust

The last two smalls that accompany the Elizabethan Etui are done, assembled, finished, and completed.


The spine on the needle book has a very cool woven ribbon spine and that's a technique I will use again.

So I get to add this project to this year's finished list and file away the leftover threads and instructions.

Do you keep a record of what you stitch? I list the pieces that I complete each year. At one point, I wrote down every project I started and/or bought, then entered the date each was completed. That got to be way too depressing, since the list was ever growing and it seemed to have very few dates of completion. I finally decided to accept that I suffer from both SABLE (stash acquisition beyond life expectancy) and SINS (stuff I'll never stitch--although I always plan to).

I did make a list of things I'd like to finish during the month of August, then projects I'd like to complete by the end of the year. However, I'm not sharing either list. It seems that the minute I list something I want to have done on the blog, it's almost as if it's already completed and I don't have to think about it any longer. Therefore I will keep my little piece of paper in the basket by the chair and see if what's on it gets done.

I would pick Ann Scutt up for a couple of hours of attention tonight, but I have a feeling I'll be in bed early. I got sucked into a book last night and turned out the light somewhere around 2 a.m. when the book hit me in the nose. Then I woke up at 7:30 this morning and no matter how I twisted or turned or punched pillows or consciously relaxed body parts, I could not get back to sleep. So I got up and I've been up ever since. It's starting to tell on me, so I think I'm going to crash and burn soon.

Very soon.

4 comments:

  1. I do take photos of things I stitch and give away. I put them in a scrap book and notate who it was for and when etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to keep a list of my projects and put completion dates by them. Also included UFOs....I use to have to finish 2 UFOs before I started a new one....that went out the window last year.

    My 2014 resolution is to start it again. One year I started with 50 items on the list and got it down to 20 - just stitching. I did start a "things that need to be finished finsihed" list for those Sat where no one will bother me so I can make them into things. That list hasn't been decreased much.

    Now you got your Pocket of Posies...I'm hoping mine will be coming this week. Ready for Xmas in Willimsburg...are you going to the Attic in Nov? Us Jackie groupies have to stick together....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a presentation by a professional organizer to my local ANG group. She works mostly with quilters but had many good tips. I appropriated the inventory list she uses and have been good about keeping track of what I buy, finish and get rid of.
    It is disconcerting to see my list rise to 300 projects even though I discard/sell items regularly. But I do finish 30+ each year so I rationalize it that way.
    My Pocket of Posies came yesterday.

    P>S> (The organizer told us she limits her quilters to 100 projects. It got quiet in the room and we just looked at each other :)

    ReplyDelete