In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Strawberry Fields Forever

 So . . . last night, I needed to stitch rather than finish, and I wandered through the stash, and I found something that has been gracefully aging for 20 years.

And it's stitched mostly in double running, with a few Queen stitches thrown in for fun.

So, I started it, and all would have been well in getting my mind off yesterday's work day if I hadn't miscounted. That counting issue I have, you know.


I'm a little close to the right side, but I think I have plenty for the seam allowance, so it's all just fine.

I suppose you may want to know what this is going to be.

It's called The Holbein Strawberry, designed by Barbara Rakosnik of Periwinkle Promises. I miss seeing Barbara's designs--I am assuming she has retired because it's been awhile--but I have stitched many of her samplers in my day.

And now I'm going to have a big strawberry.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you reminded me, Ann. I have a jacob's ladder needle book of Barbara's that has the stitching complete and just needs to be put together. Thanks for the nudge!

    ReplyDelete