In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, May 14, 2021

Pretty in Pink

 So the first Spring Roundel is stitched.


This may be my favorite of the three--that is, until I stitch another, and then it will be my favorite, and so on. I do enjoy the way Barbara Jackson uses mosaic stitch for texture, and, as always, I love her color choices.

And in other news, the office held my retirement party today. I do have five more working days ahead, but some of the people who wanted to be there will be out of the office next Friday.

I have to say, it was a little surreal. I told Baby Girl it was like being present at your own funeral. People say nice things, bring you flowers, and then everybody goes to a reception and eats. Baby Girl said that in effect, you're the dearly departed since you're departing from the work life, so maybe the analogy isn't totally creepy.

Dearly Beloved just told me that I am too weird for words and it's probably a good thing I'm retiring.

He's likely correct on both.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful rose and yes the color mix is just perfect .
    Oh you did make me laugh , hope you had a lovely retirement party.
    I retired last year from running my stitching club and it felt so funny to.
    But after twenty years of running the club and with this virus I thought it's the right time to go.
    What I have noticed I soon filled the time up .
    Not enough hours in the day ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finish it quickly and looks lovely!

    Funny how you interpret about the retirement though i am afraid it is true...still a long while for me though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the upcoming retirement. Perfect analogy on the party, but so nice to be present for it. The next week will fly. But so so much stitching time ahead.

    ReplyDelete