In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, May 7, 2021

A little seedy

 I was looking through the directions for the strawberry, and discovered that the seeds at the top and bottom were all worked in running stitch. A lot of running stitch. A whole lot of running stitch.

Nothing against running stitch--it's easy to do and moves fairly quickly, but it's just a wee bit, well, boring. And the directions indicated that it should be worked when everything else is done.

I've always liked doing the boring bits of things first--sort of like eating your broccoli before you get the strawberry shortcake--so I decided to stitch the top of the strawberry first. 


Now it's done, and I could go on to the next double running section, but I have to admit something. The top was so rhythmic and so lulling that I'm about to yawn my head off.  I may have to go to bed early. On a Friday night.

Of course, we are going to get up early to go to the Farmers' Market, and I do want to do some finishing tomorrow, so obviously I need to be alert and rested.

We'll go with that.


1 comment:

  1. I love the look the running stitch has given to the strawberry top---worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete