In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, May 8, 2021

A New Rule

As of today, I have a new rule.

If I'm planning to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning to go to the Farmers' Market, I am not allowed to stay up past midnight simply because my book is good. And I especially need to get a good night's sleep if I plan to spend the day assembling a project or working double running.

The Farmers' Market trip was well worth it--strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes (both regular size and cherry), cucumbers, and peas.

And I came home and made biscuits so we could have ham biscuits with the fruit bowl that I also created for breakfast.

I should have taken a nap, but I'd had caffeine by that point, and laundry needed to be swished and tumbled and I needed to read over the assembly directions so I could start.

And that was when I decided I should really postpone putting anything together until I was more rested.

But, I thought, I could do a little on the Holbein Strawberry.

And this is the point I ripped back to after making a quite obvious error that could not be fudged.

Like I said, I've made a new rule. And I, for sure, will be in bed at a reasonable hour tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice shop at the farmers market .
    I go to bed early then start reading ! and it turns into a late one.
    When I make a mistake , I put it aside until tomorrow.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strawberry is looking gorgeous. My mistakes usual go to time out……sometimes for too long. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete