In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Birdwatching

I didn't do any of the things I said I might do yesterday. Instead, I did this:


The second half of the verse . . .which I now need to fill around with tent stitch. Over one. This may take awhile.

And then, today, I got home, and found a delight from the Swans:


The 2014 Swan Sampler Guild ornament kit

Every July the Swans have Christmas in July, with a special ornament designed just for the Guild. There are also surprise presents--and this year I was one of the lucky recipients of a special notebook in its own little case!  

I am so very, very tempted to put a stitch or two into this, but I'm going to take a deep, deep breath and start on the tent stitch around the verse.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blackbird design, I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a goooood girl! But tomorrow I expect you to take that first stitch!!

    ReplyDelete