In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, August 1, 2014

In Search of Serenity

It seems that every few months there is a new study that reveals that needlework is good for you. It alleviates stress, keeps you from snacking, provides you with a certain type of brain wave that is supposed to prolong mental health as well as physical well-being. And they all talk about the rhythm of the process, whether it's knitting, crochet, or needlepoint, as being a key ingredient in this process.

I suppose there is no more rhythmic stitch than basketweave, which is the type of tent stitch I'm using as the background for the part of the verse that sits in the middle of my future lawn.


It is flat out, blankety-blanking boring me to tears!

I find boredom stressful.

I don't think this is doing what the researchers think it should.

However, I'm getting closer to the end, and today's mail brought something else that I want to do--soon--so I'm encouraged to keep tent stitching away.


This is a limited edition project through The Attic, designed by Jackie du Plessis. Yes, I do enjoy Jackie's projects. Yes, I do have two of them currently in the project basket and an embarrassing number in the finishing basket that need to be assembled. And, yes, I do intend to do them all, from start to finish-finish.

And that's not stressful at all.

Right. . .

I think I'll go do more tent stitch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment