In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

More and more and more teeny tiny stitches

I spent my Saturday making more itsy bitsy stitches over one thread on Morning Has Broken:


I had started the strawberries Friday night, but then the Big Kid called and we had a nice, long talk, deserving of my full attention. 

I have now completed the first half of the central section. That would be cause for great rejoicing, but I looked at the next section and it is pretty solidly stitched. As I am realizing that everything takes much longer than I think it should, I'm resigning myself to many more hours of work before I see this finished.

The night before, I had also worked over one.


Poor little bunny did not get much love Thursday night. We had gone out for dinner, which was quite disappointing--service was slow and food mediocre. I do not believe we will be dining there again. But we got home later than I would have liked so I barely had an hour before I needed to fall into bed.

And, still on the Ellie program, I spent Wednesday on Journey and managed to get another motif completed:


This bit is the first of the section that uses overdyed threads to show the direction or flow of the design, and is structured to produce diagonal stripes. I think the next section will create vertical stripes, but I'll find out on Wednesday.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to work on this afternoon. It's a free day, so I can play with whatever I want. It will not, however, be anything worked over one thread. 

1 comment:

  1. I constantly think I'll be done a piece in no time and it takes me forever!!!

    Your over one is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete