In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Building a House

For the past week, I've been building a house.


As with every building project I've been involved in, there were unexpected delays, cost overruns (when we called out for Chinese delivery so I could stitch), weather delays (when the power went out during a thunderstorm for a couple of hours), things that were installed incorrectly and had to be reinstalled, and decisions that have been second-guessed.

This week-end, I plan to plant some trees and start some landscaping.

Obviously I am not following the Ellie Plan this week. I am so very close to finishing Morning Has Broken that I'm going for it.

2 comments:

  1. Just love all those images! Wish I could be there to help with those trees--or the Chinese delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and texture of the house.
    Hope you finish Morning!
    It will be beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete