In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, April 6, 2024

The Haul

 An apologetic employee of the Post Office appeared with my box from Inspirations today, 

I have decided I am not allowed online when I am too ill to stitch. It's dangerous.

Here's the Betsy Morgan sampler I mentioned.

Lovely Gloriana silks, lovely linen, all colors I'm drawn to and patterns that will be fun to stitch--what a joy!

And, because this Deep Dive into Whitework class I'm taking has pulled me into loving that particular branch of needlework, with all its offshoots, again:

Tiny little pictures of projects worked in white on white don't show up well, but I have a Richelieu Lace piece and two Schwalm pieces, one of which can go on the rack on the antique golden oak washstand that was the first antique we bought we were newlyweds. I already have a couple of Barbara Kershaw's finger towels hanging there, and I think this will be a nice addition.

I only need 36 hours in the day.

5 comments:

  1. You are naughty girl Ha , I love it , I always do the same.
    What else can we do when we are not well , it makes us feel good .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the missing package showed up! What beautiful goodies you purchased, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the two Betsy Morgan books and love the contents, I almost bought the digital pattern for this sideways sampler but resisted - I have two books to work through first........such praiseworthy restraint don't you think! I'm using Pipers Silks for some of the items - lovely and not too pricey. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praiseworthy, indeed! There is a rumor that Betsy may be working on a third book--my fingers are crossed!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing what you are up to dear friend 😊🩷🥰

    ReplyDelete