In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Radio Silence

 

This is Ethel.

She is supposed to keep my wrist stable while it recovers from being hyperextended when I tripped up the stairs. She is also supposed to stop me from re-injuring myself.

I can stitch with her, but it's slow and awkward. Hopefully, though, she will do her job quickly and efficiently.

In other news, I just had the recent Covid shot, recommended for people over 65. Every other one I've had has left me tired and vaguely achey. This one did me in--unbelievable fatigue and chills and fever--and to top it all off, I had a dizzy spell and keeled over. Luckily I landed on the best padded part of my anatomy, but I have a rather large bruise. And I have bruises elsewhere as well, so I am stiff and sore.

These times do try us.

Hopefully I will have something of a stitching nature to show in the near future.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the aftereffects of the shot you received, Ann! I hope Ethel helps heal your wrist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first really bad reaction I've had. The other times I was just a little achey and tired, but this one has me sleeping for 10+ hours and feeling like I'm getting over the flu, now for the third day.

      Delete
  2. I’m familiar with Ethel, having met her a number of years ago when I fell while hiking and broke some small bones in my wrist. Trust me, she is quite effective and not too uncomfortable. You’ll be good as new in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reassurance! I don't find her too uncomfortable, and I can still stitch a little, so that's all good.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear , hope you are feeling better .
    I could do with Ethel , my hand is not so good , I just sent off for a strap . Take care Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! I have been lucky and have not had any reaction at all to any of the Covid shots or Boosters, even the new one. I have not had Covid either. (Yes, I am knocking on wood!!!). Hugs and speedy recovery💙🩷💙

    ReplyDelete