In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Back to the routine

 Re-entry is tough.

It took me a day to recuperate from the drive, then another day to unpack and rearrange and sort out stash and haul and figure out what I wanted to do next.

I wanted to do everything next.

As I am not an octopus, nor do I have any clones, I had to limit my plans. So I wrote down everything I wanted to do and everything I needed to do. The length of the list was terrifying--so I made some difficult decisions and winnowed the list down to something that I thought would be manageable this week. And, no, I'm not going to publish that list. The minute I state publicly that I have specific and certain goals, something gets in the way and none of it gets done. Maybe I should report on the progress of the list at the end of the week. We'll see . . . 

Anyway, I am working on Carmen again. When you have several hours of Zoom meetings spread over several days, it is amazing what you can accomplish if you stitch during the meetings.

I think I'll work on this for a bit longer tonight and see what I can accomplish before bedtime. 

3 comments:

  1. Carmen is looking awesome, Ann. Re-entry into the real world following retreating is definitely not an easy task. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete