In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Snow and Soup and Stitching

It actually did snow today! It lasted most of the morning, turned the tree limbs into spun sugar and created a hush that no other event can--then it stopped and the sun came out and it all melted away.

For those who deal with lots of snow every winter, this may seem ideal. For those of us who don't see the white stuff very often, it just wasn't quite enough--although I'm afraid the cold snap that is accompanying the weather front is going to kill all the blooms and blossoms.

Anyway, I had made soup and cornbread yesterday, so we had a good snowy weather lunch, and I had already decided that I was going to stitch all day.

And that means that this got finished:


Four Silver Needles
David McCaskill design

Now I need to decide what to work on next.  I guess I could pull another project out of one of the vacation totes since that seems to be working well. Then again,  Eve has been neglected for two weeks and her background isn't going to stitch itself.

Or I could try to go to bed a little early since I have to get up even earlier. Yes, it's time for my annual Daylight Savings Time rant.  I really, really hate feeling jet-lagged for the next two weeks without the benefit of traveling anywhere and having fun to compensate for it.


2 comments:

  1. I love having a pot of homemade soup on the go too, such comfort food, whether it really snows or not. We have bitterly cold temperatures still tho the snow has been disappearing slowly. What an interesting design 4 Needles is. You are on a roll with the at hand projects. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Four Needles ornament (um, it is an ornament, yes?) is gorgeous!

    Yesterday must have been soup day - we made a big old pot of turkey soup. We're supposed to get lots of snow tonight/tomorrow - may even have one of those "what do I do about work" dilemmas in the morning.

    Right beside you in ranting about DST. Shift half an hour and just leave the blasted clocks be from there on - please!!

    ReplyDelete