In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Moving back to reality

After a week in Williamsburg, stitching away every day, we're back home again. The washer is chugging away, Dearly Beloved has headed to the grocery store to restock, and I'm trying to get over feeling as if I blinked and it was over.

We spent the morning of the last day in Williamsburg's textile department, getting a behind-the-scenes tour of some of the treasures in their storage areas. We were allowed to take pictures for our own use but cannot publish them--which I totally understand and agree with--but it is lovely having a chance to enjoy things rarely seen.

Then in the afternoon, I worked on yet another project. This is the start on the Fourth Day of a Stitcher's Christmas, Four Silver Needles.


I also had a small project I was working on in the room in the evenings, since I felt as though I needed to spend a little time with Dearly Beloved.

This is the next Accent mini-project from Periwinkle Promises, Spring Showers:


I bogged down in the "raindrops" that make up the border. Each one seemed to take forever--and I still have to do some highlights in backstitch. Then I get to do the good stuff in the middle, so that's keeping me motivated to forge on.

Meanwhile, Baby Girl had a glorious time wandering around the Historic District and taking advantage of the programming. We are already in discussion about next year.

And I'm wondering if I can complete all the projects I took with me this year by next year's event.

Even though Eve's background is calling to me again.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea - taking all this year's stitching pieces back as completed items next year! But honestly, back to reality is overrated - I'd rather stitch.

    ReplyDelete