In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Gardening

Yesterday I plopped a topiary tree into a highly decorated urn.



Today I planted about 45 acres of grass.


I was afraid I was going to run out of grass seed thread on this part, but I had enough with inches to spare.

All this means that Sarah Williams is complete!


Now I need to clear away the chart and stash the leftover threads and decide what I'm going to work on next.

I am very tempted to start this:


"Flowers for Lois" is this year's fundraiser for the Komen Foundation and offered by The Elegant Stitch. It's a limited edition, designed by Betsy Morgan. And it's pink and I have a weakness for things that are pink.

However, there are about a dozen samplers on scroll frames that I'd like to finish, and several workshop pieces from this year that need more stitching, and the finishing basket is about to explode. I think I'll do a Scarlett and think about it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your house building and gardening skills! Your sampler is stunning. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sampler! Treat yourself to something small and go ahead and stitch Flowers for Lois!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish - such a lovely sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing Sarah Williams! It's such a lovely piece! So those wips in the basket aren't going anywhere and it seems appropriate to stitch a small design like Flowers for Lois after finishing a large sampler. :)

    ReplyDelete