Last night I was trying to decide what to work on next, and Betsy Morgan's design "For Lois" was very tempting. Very tempting.
But the thrill of getting another incomplete sampler completed was very alluring, and Mary Atwood was sitting right by the wing chair, clearing her throat in a very lady-like way to attract my attention.
So I picked her up and discovered why I had abandoned her many months ago.
I had made a mistake.
So I fixed it.
And started working on the rest of the band.
I'm having to make some adjustments. Going from "regular" cross stitch with two strands of floss over two threads of linen to reversible cross stitch with one strand of silk over three threads of linen is taking some effort. Going from working over two threads on 28 count linen to going over three threads on 40 count is taking additional magnification.
I discovered I needed that extra boost to the vision when I realized that the dividing band that you see there is one thread to the right of where it should be. And that the one thread was at the very beginning of the row.
If you think I'm going to rip out that entire row . . . well, I thought about it. In fact, I almost did it. But then I realized that only you and I will know, and I can live with that.