In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Zigs are Zagged

Every single zig zag row has been done.


And both of the diamond shaped motifs have been started. If anyone has seen this type of motif on another sampler, please let me know--this is a new one for me.

Tonight, though, I'm doing laundry so we can finish packing. No matter how many clean clothes reside in the closets and drawers, I always seem to have to do laundry the night before we go anywhere.

Tomorrow we leave to visit with The Flash, the next day we head farther north so I can attend two classes with Jackie du Plessis and the Western Reserve Sampler Guild, then two days later, we spend another night with The Flash. I believe we're going to meet ourselves coming and going.

And I need to make sure that I have the prework for both classes packed and that Dearly Beloved understands that BOTH tote bags have to make it into the car.

Whether the laundry I'm doing tonight makes it or not.

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend. Hope your stitching all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell for sure what the stitch is on the diamond motifs in your sampler, but if they are done in Rice Stitch, that motif is also seen on the Isabella Cook 1836 sampler reproduced by Margriet Hogue of the Essamplaire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful...and safe trip! I know you'll enjoy the classes.

    ReplyDelete