In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Memories

I've lost two of my favorite people in the needlework world in the last few days, and I have spent some time this evening thinking about them both.

Diane Clements was a needlework artist extraordinaire, whose exacting and precise Reticella lace also inspired a desire for perfection. I was lucky enough to take two face-to-face classes from her at EGA National seminars, and have used the techniques she taught there in many other projects. It was an honor to have her as a teacher.

And I have lost a friend whom I met through our mutual love of needlework. Sharon Kohler was a member of both of my local EGA and ANG chapters. She was an exquisite stitcher and a supportive friend--actually, I think she was one of the first, if not the very first follower of this silly little blog. She always had a smile on her face--and once you got to know her, you found out about her wicked sense of humor. I enjoyed sitting in meetings and workshops with her and I loved seeing her completed projects. She, too, was an inspiration.

There are some people who just make you happy to know that they're in the same world with you. Diane and Sharon were perfect examples of this, and I will miss them both.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry, Ann. It sounds as though both of these ladies were mentors as well as friends. Those type of people are always hard to loose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful of you to mention them by name and memorialize them with your kind descriptions... they will continue to live in loving memory.

    ReplyDelete