In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Covered in SABLE

Ordinarily at this time I would be heading out for my ANG chapter meeting. However, as The Plague Cough has worn me down to a mere shadow of my usual self, I'm staying home and going to bed early.

(I am just about ready to resort to my Great Aunt Maggie's cough remedy:  Bourbon, sour apple honey, and lemon--family lore states that she also added a little bit of kerosene but I'm not going there--it would flat take out a cough and leave you limp in its wake. As a small child, I remember holding my breath to avoid coughing and thereby avoid the cough remedy. It didn't work.)

Meanwhile, Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy has ramped up in the last couple of weeks and I want to stitch on everything immediately if not sooner.

This online class, also through SNS, started today:


I can never resist a Jackie du Plessis project and wouldn't it be amazing if I actually stitched and finished one during the course of the class!


Judy O'Dell of the wonderful frame stand is offering a needlebook class online with an unusual technique involving crayons and threads. As Baby Girl has all the family art supplies, I may need to raid her stash for once to be able to stitch this.


I've been craving this class from The Binding Stitch for years, literally years, and Marcia offered it online and I signed up.  I rationalized it to Dearly Beloved by telling him that these opportunities don't come along very often and one should grab them as quickly as one can.  He replied that I seem to have a lot of opportunities that I have grabbed. I am ignoring him.


And then there's Catherine Theron's Strawberry Needle Roll. I believe this may become my travel project, assuming I ever stop coughing long enough to go anywhere.

The Shepherdess has not been abandoned. I've decided to sneak up on the problem area in the grass by working the other side of the yard first and gradually working my way towards the part that caused me angst and agony.

But for now, I'm medicating and resting. Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment