In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Crown Me

Once again, I walked out of the first day of a Betsy Morgan class with a completed small:


It's a thimble holder--I need to find a regal thimble--to go in the Edinburgh Etui. There are things I have thought about redoing (as always), but I'm so thrilled I finally got a hedebo button loop that is actually good--not just acceptable, but good--that I will probably just look at it and ignore the rest.

Of course this means that the other things I've stitched with hedebo button loops now need to have their loops reworked, but I'm going to think about that another day.

We also received absolutely delightful goodies in our class favor bag:


Obviously, all have a Scottish flair to coordinate with our Edinburgh theme. We have really talented people involved in  bringing this workshop about and this is just one example.

I was so excited to spend a whole day stitching that I came home and stitched some more.


Another finished tree for "Can't See the Forest" and two more started.

Dearly Beloved really didn't have to say that the two newer trees looked like they had come through a forest fire.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love to look at her class projects. Your trees are looking great! LOL at Dearly Beloved...they kinda do. LOL But they will look beautiful when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh this is delightful, makes my heart sing

    ReplyDelete