In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Fire and Ice

The mail carrier brought a surprise today.

(What am I saying--I knew it was going to show up at some point because I signed up for the class awhile back--I just didn't know when it would show up.)

Here are the supplies for Dorothy Lesher's "Fire and Ice."


There are lots of sparkly threads and beads and silks--all sorts of fun things.

For some reason, the people in this family are entranced by dragons, and both Baby Girl and I have several dragons designs in our respective stashes to stitch.

However, this is going to have to be a week-end project. Even with cyborg eyes, additional magnification, a white towel in my lap, and enough light to land a 747 (according to my late mother-in-law, the interior designer who preferred low, indirect lighting), I don't stitch well on black Congress Cloth in the evenings. Hopefully, we'll have enough sunny Saturdays so I can make progress.

2 comments: