In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 24, 2026

Seeing Double

 The problem with schoolgirl motif samplers is that they tend to have two of everything.

The first time you stitch a motif, you can be entertained by figuring out the best way to move from one part of the design to another, seeing how the colors look once they're stitched in and are affected by what's next to them, and discovering any little quirks or idiosyncrasies of the stitcher.

Then you have to do it again.

Unless the child goes off on a tangent, it can be just a shade boring.

My plan for today was to get the right side stitched to the same point as the left side on Sarah Ann Purdy.

I didn't make it. The longer I worked, the more sloooooooowly I stitched.

I got this far.


I may pick this up again after a little break.

Or I may work on All That Glitters.

And I just realized that I will be filling in the red motifs on All That Glitters.

Which I have done before.


No comments:

Post a Comment