It's Sampler Sunday again and I am filling in Motif 4 on the Spot Sampler.
There isn't much to see yet. I stayed up way too late finishing a book last night so I allowed myself to sleep in this morning. I got a very late start on the day, then the Great Lakes Region of EGA offered a lecture this afternoon with Dr Lynn Anderson on schoolgirl samplers which I wanted to watch and listen to. Usually I can listen and stitch while the lectures are going on, but this one had a lot of eye candy. I spent more time with the needle held motionless in my fingers than I did moving it in and out of the linen.
I really want to get to some of the petals today so I can see how the colors actually look. I'm still thinking it looks like an iris, but maybe a tulip? We'll see. But first I absolutely have to get the leaves done. Veggies before dessert, you know.And speaking of dessert, I am going to assemble a banana pudding before I start stitching again. I figured that would be cooler than making banana bread. Even with AC, the oven can add heat to the house. The house is hot enough.
The older I get, the less I like summer. You can always add layers of clothes and wrap up in blankets in winter, but you can only take off so much in the summer before you start scaring the family, horrifying the neighborhood, and creating opportunities for incarceration for indecent exposure.
Totally agree with you about summer, Ann! Add the smoke from the wildfires to the mix and it is just plain gross. Happy Monday!
ReplyDelete