In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Falling

 No stitching today. at least, not exactly. I fell into a book.

I ordered this some time ago, and it's taken awhile to arrive, so it was a lovely surprise to find it on my doorstep this afternoon.

It doesn't just cover filling stitches, but also includes a great section on everything you ever need to know about stitching hardanger. It has directions for both right and left handed stitchers, and even provides pictures of how things are supposed to look--as well as how they shouldn't, which helps when you're trying to get your tension right. I expect it will help me with the online hardanger class I'm taking.

And I also discovered when I was catching up with the class questions and answers for the Hummingbird class that the deadline has been extended to the end of September. I also unearthed the materials for the online goldwork class I couldn't finish last year because of the Big Move.

This is turning into a very busy summer!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your book, you are a busy bee. Have fun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new book, Ann. Its cover is lovely. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete