In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 5, 2024

Dragging

I had intentions, big intentions. I was going to rise and shine yesterday and today and stitch all day.


Had I been able to stitch all day for two days, I would have had more accomplished than this.

However, for the last two nights, I have slept only five or so hours. Wednesday night I stared at the ceiling for a couple of hours, only to have Dearly Beloved's extra-loud alarm clock nearly give me a heart attack just as I dozed off again. Adrenaline will make you rise, although the shining is another matter entirely.

Last night, same thing, five hours of sleep, then wide awake. This time I decided to get up and stitch or read or do something. I read and I stitched and I stared into space, all in slow motion. I was planning to take a nap, but BDE called to see if she could get a ride to pick up her car after a repair job. So I took her to the car place and then home, and now I'm sort of awake again. Awake, but not necessarily functioning on all six cylinders.

We'll see how tonight goes. This is getting old.

1 comment:

  1. That was my sleep pattern about 2 weeks ago. Not fun! By the time, it reset itself, I definitely wasn't functioning all of my cylinders. Happy Saturday, Ann!

    ReplyDelete