In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Getting back to a routine . . . maybe

 We have made great strides in the unpacking of boxes. Basically, Dearly Beloved is looking for a specific book he wants to read, so he has become obsessive about unpacking the book boxes. I'm down to about three kitchen boxes.

We're not discussing the stash boxes, mainly because I set aside several with things I want to work on. We moved those bins, so I know exactly where they are, and they didn't get buried with everything else. The rest can wait.

At least for a little while.

Anyway, I decided that August 1 would be the date I would start seriously stitching again. I will continue to unpack, but it's no longer vital. We still have boxes, but now it doesn't feel like we're camping out. We also have floor space instead of paths.

Today I transferred the designs for Term Three of the two Deep Dive classes I was taking. When the term started, the deadline for the move was looming, and I had stopped stitching. Luckily the instructional parts of both classes were taped, so I can rewatch each and start working on them.

So here's the design for the stumpwork class:

And the design for the goldwork class:


I need to sew the linen to a muslin backing before I start stitching. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go full speed on one class, then work the other one, or alternate the two. I may flip a coin.

Gardenesque has not been neglected. I have part of one rose bush planted, and the forget-me-nots are blooming on the needlebook.

And now that I'm stitching again, I also plan to blog more frequently--because I'll finally have something to say!

At least, I'll have something to say about stitching. I've had plenty to say about moving, and none of it was pleasant.

If you can't say something nice, then it's better to say nothing at all.



1 comment: