In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Flaming Out

The first flame on the Eternal Flame Huswif is finished, so here's a big Ta-Da!


 There are a couple of really thick linen threads in two different places along the left side of the flame. Under magnification, they really glare at me. They also seem to be glaring at me from this picture.

I could thread up a sharp needle and cover them with thread in colors corresponding to the stitches on either side to try to camouflage them.

Or I could describe them as an interesting design feature and leave them alone.

This may sit across the room from me for a day or so. If it can't be seen from the back of a galloping horse . . .

3 comments:

  1. That looks difficult , but it came out beautiful .
    Have a fun weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my trouble with flame stitch, but I like your idea to cover them. Have never heard of that. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete