In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, July 20, 2023

What's New, Pussycat!

 I have a new project to start!

This sweet, small sampler was designed by Barbara Jackson to memorialize a four-year-old Pilgrim, Mary More, whose father stuck her on the Mayflower by herself (what a jerk!)--and, sadly, she died shortly after arriving in the New World.

As we all know, I am a fangirl and am drawn to everything Barbara Jackson does, so this is the first of my new projects to start.

As soon as I find 6" stretcher bars.

Maybe I should have ordered a set . . . 

Anyway, I've decided to continue with Gardenesque--it is, after all, my moving project--and start a handful of new things, and to assemble some others that are stitched but not finish-finished.  The general consensus from comments and private messages was to do what I want to do and feel like doing.

That seems to be my usual M.O., so I'm going with it.

In unpacking news--amazing what 10 hours of sleep will do for a person--I have already unpacked six kitchen boxes this morning. There may be an end in sight, at least in the kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your getting there , and stitching will be a real treat .
    Have fun, hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely new project, Ann! Well done on getting good sleep and getting kitchen boxes unpacked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little hornbook...I am working on a similar project on a hornbook.

    ReplyDelete