In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Moving Experience, Finale

 We are in the new place with about 500 boxes, some of which did not get placed in the places that were designated--so I'm still looking for all of my everyday silverware and the box of bath towels. 

My sister made the point that it took almost four months to pack those 500 boxes, so I could plan to allow at least that long to unpack them. And we seem to have a plethora of chairs, more than I knew we had.

However, we found sheets and pillows and slept in our own bed in the new place last night. We have been connected to the internet again, and we've found the grocery store and bank and a gas station, along with Tar-Zhay and Wally World.

We have to make a final trip on Friday back to the old place. There is yet one more Goodwill run to make (we ran out of time before the movers arrived) and a few odds and ends that we couldn't get into the cars to bring to the new place. And then that chapter will be at an end.

With any luck, I'll be back to regular blogging in the very near future--so, if I have any readers left, please stay tuned! I plan to be back in my happy little rut sooner rather than later.

6 comments:

  1. I'm hanging in there!!! Take your time unpacking...it's not going anywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed hearing from you. Can't wait to hear all about the new place and your stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Take your time unpacking. I opened my last box last year, seventeen years after we moved. It was just seashells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are in the final stages of being in your new place, Ann! Give yourself time with the unpacking! I still have a few boxes that remain unpacked from 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good that you are almost to the finish line. Take your time unpacking, and finding the perfect place for each of your belongings. Now that you are 'in' you don't have to rush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your almost there now , lots of fun ! I BET,
    Go steady and enjoy , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete