In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Oh, No--More Decisions!

I thought I had winnowed down the number of projects I'm taking to my retreat this week to a manageable level.

I thought.

Then, after a very long work day, interrupted by a doctor visit, I arrived home on Friday to find this had arrived:


Black Eyed Susans
Jackie du Plessis design

Such a sweet design, and something that would be easy to stitch while enjoying the companionship of my buddies at the retreat . . .

But I have prework to do, and Susan Williams to stitch, and this month's Christmas ornament, which hasn't seen the light of day since I took it on my work trip at the end of January . . .If I were going to be gone for a month, with hours and hours to stitch, maybe . . .

Speaking of Susan Williams, she got a few minutes of love last night.


It's time to stitch the verse.

Letters are always my downfall.

I just don't enjoy stitching them.

And parts of these words are worked over two threads and parts over one, and quite frankly, the chart isn't very clear on the placement of the over-one letters. And that is why I decided to get the first letter for each line stitched in relationship to the border, and will let the others fall as best they can.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I'm leaving tomorrow at lunchtime and still need to finish packing both clothes and needlework! My decisions are complicated by flying which makes it harder to bring stand, rods etc. Regardless, I know I'll bring 4 things that will never even make it out of my bag. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the progress on the Black Eyed Susans piece. Susan Williams is looking so pretty. I think your plan to stitch the first letter on each line is a great idea. good luck!

    ReplyDelete