In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Packing and Tacking

I have to go out of town early tomorrow for a business trip. And, of course, I need to take a project to work on during the two evenings I'll be sitting in a hotel room after dinner.


I was going to wait until February to do the second ornament in the series but this has several advantages.

18 mesh canvas, so I don't need magnification
18 mesh canvas, so I don't need excellent lighting
18 mesh canvas, because it's easy to work on.

Basically, it's the 18 mesh canvas.

I need to throw my clamps into the suitcase with the kit since there are a few things I'll need both hands to do. Having stayed in this hotel before, I know they will work on the desk in the room.

And I need to talk myself out of taking three other projects. I'm only going to be gone two nights and will be working or traveling during the day, so I really only need to take one project.

Really.

Only one project.

Maybe I'll go look for some more stretcher bars.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good project for a hotel room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me you are back in Charlotte in your snug little house.

    ReplyDelete