In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Big OOPS

Do you see those lovely cross-stitched centers in the flowers?


They're supposed to be satin stitches instead.

The only satin stitches on the whole sampler, as far as I can tell, now that I've actually read the directions.

I have three choices.

  • Leave them alone--which would always bother me because I would know that it's wrong
  • Rip out perfectly good cross stitches and stitch over them.
  • Work the satin stitches over the cross stitches

Actually, I'm kind of leaning towards the third option. That would pad the satin stitches and keep any little bits of the ground cloth from showing through.  Of course that would mean that I'll have to do the same thing on the flower pot on the other side.

Sigh . . .

Quite frankly, if the levels of proficiency and productivity that I have shown in January persist through the rest of the year, I may have to pack my needles away and take up another pursuit. Like maybe hang gliding.

4 comments:

  1. Padded satin is my vote. Keep the needles out because in hang gliding you may run into a micro burst that will be much worst on you then frogging a few stitches. May your year of stitching improve .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote to leave the cross stitches. You now have a one-of-a-kind and you have always been an original-type person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for padded satin stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching looks great the way it is. I would leave it alone. Do nothing but stitch something else. I would leave it if I had done this. It looks great. hugs

    ReplyDelete