In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

I'd be happy if I could spend the entire year the way I spent today . . .

Slept late . . . read the newspaper in a leisurely manner . . . caught up with the websites, blogs, and Facebook posts I usually read . . . played in the stash . . . stitched . . . played in the kitchen . . . and now I'm waiting for 9 o'clock and a new Sherlock on Masterpiece Mystery.

This is what I stitched this afternoon:


I worked on some of the background for Eve in the Garden from the center of the Fleur de Lis-ish motif   to the right. That was about three hours of work.

I know it's going to take a good long while to finish the background, so I've been trying to decide what project (or projects) to alternate with this, simply to avoid boredom.

I did find some Christmas ornaments in the stash that I've wanted to do for awhile. It may be time to pull them out, dust them off, and start stitching. I've been saying for years that you should start stitching for the next Christmas on December 26th. Maybe this is the year I'll do that.


1 comment: