Last night I started working on the lid for the Fair Maiden Etui.
When I started putting this together, I very carefully pinned all the bits together to make sure everything was the right size before I started sewing.
Except the lid.
It hangs over just a bit.
Technical terms were used to describe my heartfelt feelings on discovering this.
However, a workaround has been determined. You will notice the vintage button on the front. I plan to sew the lid on and work a hedebo ring that will loop around the button and hold the lid shut.
So I still have to do all that and make the fancy handle from ribbon. I discovered tonight that even the Dazor isn't as good as daylight for working those teeny little stitches, so that will all happen this week-end.
Sarah Williams has also seen some time. She now has a butterfly zooming downward. There will be another on the opposite side.
And the mail carrier has been kind this week, although he delivered my packages to a neighbor, and hers to me. Luckily we were able to straighten it out fairly easily, but we both may be stalking the mail carrier for a different reason than usual. (Actually, we think he's a substitute, but it seems like anyone can tell the difference between an "8" and a "9.")
I have added some limited edition silk wrapped pearl purl to the stash for my Cabinet of Curiosities. As a friend remarked, if you're going to do a lot of plants and trees and shrubs and flowers, you need lots of shades of green in a variety of forms. And there is bound to be a need for a very pale, pale pink.
And the kit for the new Casket Toy from Amy Mitten arrived.
Such luscious stuff! Such a gorgeous design! I am attempting restraint since I have a stack of things I want to stitch and finish before I dive back into the 17th century full time.
Which means I should not spend the evening being a slug in front of the TV or computer screen or both. I need to get that electric needle plugged in!