I had planned to show you a picture of what little I was able to accomplish in assembling the Fair Maiden Etui, but apparently the battery on the camera has died.
I've managed to get the back attached to the front. This is about half what I wanted to do, but everything takes longer than I think it should or want it to. At one point, I had to just walk away and stitch some more on the needle roll that will eventually live inside the etui.
Of course the needle roll will have to be assembled, too.
To add to the aggravation, I realized when I was getting ready to put the lid together that I had forgotten to sew the spangles on. This meant I had to dig through the project bag until I found the spangles. Then I had to dig through the basket by my chair to find the thread I've been using to sew the spangles to the linen.
I am seriously thinking about taking a day or two off from assembly. Nothing against the project--I still love it. I think I just need to do something totally different for a day or so.
And it gives me an excuse to play in the stash.