In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Getting Back to Normal

I can stitch again!


I woke up very early this morning and nothing was twingeing, so I stitched in all the flowers on the Fair Maiden needle roll. Now I need to work the leaves and sprigs around them, but I'm not going to tempt fate--I'm going to take a break and do other things.

I guess rest was the best thing to do. Friday I did not touch anything once I got home from work. Actually, I sat like a slug in the wing chair and watched black and white episodes of The Avengers--the 1960's spy series with Patrick MacNee and Diana Rigg, not the Marvel super-hero one.

Farmer's Market on Saturday morning--and while we did score some really nice tomatoes and peaches, the heat and lack of rain is starting to affect the fruit and veg situation.

Baby Girl arrived midday for a flying trip. She and I went to see Ant-Man, which was rollicking good fun, then we got gussied up, more or less, and went to a baby shower for her BFF. It was a lovely evening. I really like the fact that the guys are now involved in the whole baby thing. This was sort of along the lines of a family reunion for BFF's husband's side of the family, so we had multiple generations and both men and women (and a few younger cousins in and out) for the event. Dearly Beloved and the two grandfathers-to-be were quite taken with some of the new stuff available for baby care these days, and that was entertaining to say the least.

Baby Girl has now left for home and I am trying to decide what to do with the afternoon.

I don't think I'm going to tempt fate by trying to do any finishing. Days on end without plying my needle left me with a great desire to avoid that in the future. I wish I could get into moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment