In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Nibbled to Death by Ducks

That's how one of my great-aunts described the way she felt when life seemed to be one petty irritation after another.

I've been nibbled on for a couple of days.

So tonight I decided to ignore everything, live in the moment, and stitch.


All the framework on one piece of the needle roll is complete, and I'm almost through with the other.

And, yes, I am working in hand. I couldn't find stretcher bars that would work, and the only side bars long enough for a scroll frame in my possession are attached to something that has the sides laced. I don't want to roll the piece because I don't want to smoosh (technical term) the Gilt Silk Twist.

This is another of those petty irritations.

I think I'd like to run away to a tropical island with a cabana boy who brings me fruity drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment